Our lives are the only meaningful expression of what we believe, and in Whom we believe. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, December 7, 2012

Answer: Repent

This week we have been talking about divorce and marriage troubles. I'm not married and so I am no expert on this subject but I've noticed that every scenario we discuss in class could be answered by either one or both of the parties involved repenting. In the certain circumstances it can be extremely difficult to see the bigger picture and own up to your decisions. Even if you don't think you're in the wrong, couples need to be humble and cleave to one another. I thought it was very interesting when we talked about covenant marriage vs contract marriage. I remember my mom telling me how she was at one of her client's businesses and her client asked my mom how her family turned out so well. He was going through some rough family issues and it was hard for his family to be able to love each other and she said that when you know your family is eternal, it changes everything. Life stops centering on worldly trials but instead starts to center on eternal happiness. Marriage has become an issue with the mindset of convenience rather than eternal destiny and potential and it's honestly so sad! I look at my friends and non-members from back home and it kills me because they have no idea how good it could be and their hearts aren't softened to hear the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment